Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Lentils


Okay, I think this one looks somewhat gross, but it tastes really good. I based this off of Rachael Ray's recipe for New Years Lucky Lentils and Hot Sausages.

I was served lentils when I was in Spain -- thought they looked disgusting (I don't want to say what I think they look like), but I really liked them which is saying a lot because I don't like a lot of beans.

The only thing I did different from Rachael's recipe is added the rice and I think I used some different vegetables.

I would never thought of the spices in this...cinnamon and ground cloves with balsamic vinegar.

I pretend this is healthy but with that much sausage it probably isn't..whatever.
Oh, she says Italians eat lentils on New Year's Day because it means prosperity because they look like little gold coins. I'll let you know when I become rich this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment