Sunday, January 3, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

It's all for you, Moriah!

Crust

It's enough for more than this recipe, so I froze the rest.
10 2/3 T. butter
2 c. flour
1 t. salt

Mix together with fork or a pastry blender. I love my pastry blender!

Then add in water a tablespoon at a time (5-7 T.) til it makes a dough. Roll out and cut into right shape and bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes on a cookie sheet.

Filling:
1 lb. chicken (put in a skillet with chicken broth halfway up the chicken; cook til done and then shred with forks)
Vegetables (carrot, celery, onion, garlic, whatever else you want; I don't know how much, just whatever amount you want in proportion to your chicken)
Sautee them in oil or butter then sprinkle with a few tablespoons of flour.
Season with salt, pepper.
Mix in chicken broth. The cookbook I based this off of says 3 c. but I don't think I used that much. But I also didn't use all the pastry it said. I just do it til it makes a gravy/sauce consistency.

You just put the filling in the ramekins/bowls and then put the already cooked pie crust on top.

1 comment:

  1. We have a pastry blender, my mom gave it too us. I wans't sure what to do with it and was going to give it away, but turns our McLean loves it. Guess I can now make chricken pot pie with it!

    ReplyDelete