Sunday, January 3, 2010

Homemade Rolls and Sliders



On New Year's Eve this was Brett and I ate at 11 o'clock for dinner. We also made Spinach and Artichoke dip which was the reason we weren't hungry til 11. We watched three movies too that night.

Rolls

I'd never made rolls before but I'm going to again because I found out you don't have to knead them really like bread.

1 package of yeast (2 1/4 t. if you use the big jar)
mix with 1/4 c. warm water

Meanwhile mix 1/4 c sugar, 1/4 c butter, and 1 t. salt in 1 c. of hot milk on stove.
Cool that off somewhat in a mixing bowl til lukewarm.

Mix in 1 1/2 c. flour; beat well.
Beat in yeast mixture and 1 egg.

Gradually add in the rest of the flour (another 2 c.)

Place in greased bowl and let rise for 2 hrs.

Put in muffin tins. Let rise for 30-45 more minutes.

Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes. It makes 2 dozen.

When they come out brush melted butter on them if you want them to stay soft -- amazing what you can learn from Better Homes' cookbooks!

P.S. I feel retarded saying the word 'sliders'. I'm changing it to mini burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment